Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Seriously!.....as if we haven't had enough.

SNOW! AGAIN!

I'm so sick of the stinkin' snow. It's as if we are being taunted up here. We have hardly any snow for what they call the "snowiest" month of the year and then, when we think we have escaped it, and we are enjoying the great warm weather,......we get dumped on again!

I guess I knew it was possible, but I was mainly expecting more rain than snow this time. It rained all night last night (which I love sleeping too), but this morning we started getting the slushy mixture of the snow mixed in with the rain. Poor Peyton had to stand under her umbrella this morning while waiting for the bus. She didn't complain, she really kind of enjoyed it. Luckily, my wonderful neighbor let her ride with her kids to school. She is so much more on top of things in the morning than I am. I hate trying to function in the morning!
Jimmy actually came home before noon this morning because of the weather. I was glad because his car doesn't really perform well in this type weather. As the day progressed it of course just got worse. Right now, at almost 8pm we have accumulated somewhere around 6-7 inches of slushy snow.
I ordered some Belle themed plates and stuff for Emmy's birthday today. Hopefully, they will get here by her b'day next week. (Fingers crossed)
Also, did ya'll know that Oriental Trading had children's apparel. Who knew? I certainly didn't.....at least not until yesterday. They were having a sale on some cute t-shirt dresses, pajamas and hoodies. I grabbed a few for the girls. A lot of it will be perfect for the summer weather. If you've ever been to Colorado in the summer you know that a great hoodie is essential.

Aren't they cute! I was actually really surprised! I got the girls each a hoodie, the blue one above and then a pink one with a hula girl on it. Plus, the orange striped t-shirt dress and some pajamas like the the ones on the right. So, I got 5 things for I think $30 bucks! Not bad, huh?

Ok, I need to go get my kids in bed. Pray we don't lose our electricity and that Peyton can go on her cool field trip tomorrow.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I had no idea that Oriental sold children's clothes, and those are really cute!! Oh and sorry about the snow...it's been 80 here all week. :)

I just finished a book that you recommended, A Bride Most Begrudging, and I loved it. Have you finished reading the next one?

I'll have to see if I can find it, and the Sisterchick ones. I love a good book!!!